Madrid boss rules out PL move

Madrid boss rules out PL move

18 Nov, 16:00

Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone has ruled out joining Everton after stating he will stay with his current club for the next couple of years.

Earlier this month reports suggested that the Argentinian is Everton owner Farhad Moshiri's top target to succeed Ronald Koeman at Goodison Park. Simeone is under contract with Atletico until 2020 and told the Spanish media ahead Saturday's derby against Real Madrid that his future is tied to Atletico.

- They are going to have to put up with me for the next couple of years at least. I'm absolutely sure about that, said Simeone.

It is understood that Sam Allardyce is no longer in the running after turning the role down, while Watford were also contacted by Everton over the availability of Marco Silva, though they were told he is staying at Vicarage Road.

Related news
related/article
Local News
Gor Mahia fans urged to be patient amid unwanted results
11 hours ago
Local News
Shield Cup: Leopards to face Shabana, Gor Mahia given Assad
15 hours ago
International News
WC 2018: France defender sets eyes on World Cup glory
21 hours ago
International News
Messi wins fifth European Golden Shoe
21 hours ago
International News
Napoli slam Juventus celebrations
20 May, 15:15