Kalusha set to appeal his two year ban
African football legend Kalusha Bwalya has revealed that he will appeal the decision by the FIFA Ethics committee to ban him from all football related activities for two years.
According to a statement posted on his official facebook page, The 1988 African footballer of the year has refuted any wrong doing and re-affirmed his stance to have never done anything to bring the beautiful game into disrepute.
The ban comes after the adjudicatory chamber of the independent Ethics Committee found the former Chipolopolo captain guilty of having violated art. 16 (Confidentiality) and art. 20 (Offering and accepting gifts and other benefits) of the FIFA Code of Ethics.
Here is the full OFFFICIAL STATEMENT
10th August 2018
I the undersigned KALUSHA BWALYA
Do hereby state that: -
• I am surprised and saddened by today’s receipt of the notification from the FIFA Ethics Committee adjudication.
• I have instructed my legal team to immediately appeal this decision urgently and would like to state that I am NOT guilty of any offence, which allegedly took place.
• I have never done and will never do anything to bring the beautiful game into disrepute and stand by the facts provided by me to the committee.
• I unfortunately cannot provide any further details as my legal team has advised I that this would jeopardize my chances of obtaining leave to appeal.
• FIFAs decision is not final and I will fight tooth and nail for justice to clear my name.
• I thank all my fans for their on-going support.