Huddersfield Town’s caretaking manager Mark Hudson is hinging his hope on belief as they will host Manchester City on Sunday.
David Wagner left the club on mutual consent early in the week due to poor season start and the Man City tie has come too early for the Terriers because they have had a tough outing against the defending champions.
"I can't think beyond this Sunday. It's quite a big game. It's one to look forward to for sure, so I'll be focusing on that. If we get a result it will be for the players and the club and that would be fantastic. Without belief, there's no point being in this industry. I thoroughly believe in the players and what they've got, that we can pose a threat to teams.” Hudson said.
- Huddersfield have not won a home league game against Man City since April 1988 (1-0), drawing two and losing two since.
- City have conceded just nine goals in their last 13 league matches against Huddersfield, and never more than once in a match. In that run City managed to score more than that in one single game against the Terriers, winning 10-1 at Maine Road in November 1987.
- Huddersfield are on the longest current winless run in the Premier League, failing to win their last nine games in the competition (D1 L8)
- Huddersfield have only scored more than once in one of their last 32 Premier League games (2-0 vs Wolves in November), failing to score on 17 occasions in that run.
- City haven't lost any of their last 23 Premier League games against sides starting the day bottom of the table (W18 D5), since a 1-2 loss at West Brom in December 2008. They've kept a clean sheet in their last 10 such games, winning the last six by an aggregate score of 21-0.
- Huddersfield caretaker-manager Mark Hudson played nine Premier League games (seven for Crystal Palace in 2004-05, two for Cardiff in 2013-14) - his record in those was no wins, one draw and eight defeats - the same record Huddersfield have had in their last nine Premier League games.
- City have scored 19 goals in their last three games in all competitions - one more than Huddersfield have managed in their last 36 matches in all competitions (18).