Soweto in South Africa will come to a standstill on Saturday when sworn enemies Chiefs and Pirates clash at FNB's Soccer City stadium.
Who will prevail in the biggest match of the Premier Soccer League season between these giants?
The Soccer City arena is no stranger to big football matches, having hosted the World Cup final in 2018, and Soweto's soccer rivalry will have another chapter written. Both sides will need to improve their form to win back the fans, and there's no better day to do that than on Derby day. Chiefs lost to Cape Town City last week, while Pirates let Esperance escape with a point from Orlando in the CAF Champions League. Both teams have been inconsistent in the league and will want to put that right this weekend.
Chiefs duo Ramahlwe Mphahlele and Philani Zulu are back from injury and will both be in the matchday 18. Chiefs manager Ernst Middendorp said “We had our issues after the injury to [Itumeleng] Khune... Both teams have three options... I’m sure we will make the right decisions.” Pirates’ coach Milutin Sredojević confirmed that goalkeeper Brilliant Khuzwayo will miss the match but apart from that, he has a clean bill of health.
Futaa facts & men to watch
- The last three Soweto Derbies have produced over 2.5 goals.
- Two of the last six meetings between these sides have been goalless draws.
- Three of the last six meetings between these sides have ended in a draw.
- Zimbabwe star Khama Billiat has four goals and five assists this season for Chiefs.
- Pirates strikerThembinkosi Lorch has four goals and three assists this season.
- Pirates striker Vincent Pule has six goals and two assists on sixteen games this season.
It's hard to separate these sides on Derby day when form goes out the window, but our best bet is to back over 2.5 goals priced attractively at 2.40 on betPawa!
>> [bet now]