Bayern Munich vs Liverpool: All the head to head facts & stats you need before kickoff
It could turn out to be a memorable night at Munich's Allianz Arena, as two historical giants slug it out for a place in the Champions League quarterfinals.
What are we expecting from Bayern Munich vs Liverpool when it comes to stats, scorers and bets?
- 68% of teams to have drawn 0-0 away from home in the first leg of a Champions League knockout tie have ended up progressing to the next round (21 out of 31).
- Bayern Munich has won only one of their eight matches in European competition against Liverpool (D5, L2) - that came in the Cup Winners' Cup back in November 1971 with two goals from Gerd Muller and one from Uli Hoeness in a 3-1 win in Munich.
- Liverpool and Bayern Munich's only previous encounter in the European Cup/Champions League before this season came in the 1980-81 semi-finals. Liverpool progressed on away goals (1-1 on aggregate) and went on to beat Real Madrid 1-0 in the final.
- Bayern Munich failed to have a single shot on target in the first leg against Liverpool, a first for the Bavarians in the Champions League since their semi-final first leg against Barcelona in May 2015.
- They will attempt to reach the quarter-finals of the Champions League for the eighth consecutive season, last failing at the last-16 stage in 2010-11 against Inter Milan.
- Munich have only failed to score once in their past 26 Champions League home games, against Sevilla in last season's quarter-finals (0-0).
- Striker Robert Lewandowski has scored 23 goals in his past 22 Champions League games at the Allianz Arena, including nine in 10 knockout games.
- If Manuel Neuer features, this will be his 100th game in the Champions League. He would also become the sixth goalkeeper to reach that landmark after Iker Casillas, Gianluigi Buffon, Petr Cech, Victor Valdes and Oliver Kahn.
- Liverpool have lost their past four away games in the Champions League (three goals for, nine against) - they have never lost five in a row in European competition.
- Liverpool's only goal in their three away Champions League games this season was a James Milner penalty against Paris Saint-Germain.
- Only one of the past 33 shots attempted in the Champions League by the Liverpool trio of Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mane has found the back of the net.
- Sadio Mane has scored four goals in his last three Premier League matches.
- Back under 2.5 goals priced at 1.90
>> [bet now]
- Back both teams to score priced at 1.64
>> [bet now]
- Back Sadio Mane to score inside 90 minutes priced at 2.70
>> [bet now]