Stats talk: Ronaldo return expected to boost Portugal over Ukraine
The return of Cristiano Ronaldo into Portugal's squad should act as a morale boost as they ready to face Ukraine in their European Championship Qualifiers.
The Juventus star is expected to play for the first time for his nation since the World Cup campaign last year while forward Diogo Jota and Braga star Dyego Sousa are other new faces in the team. For Ukraine, Oleksandr Zinchenko expected to fill a left-back position where he has excelled for Manchester City whenever he is called up for such duties.
- Joao Cancelo was Portugal's first choice right-back during their UEFA Nations League campaign and will continue here, as neither Cedric Soares nor Ricardo Pereira are in the squad.
- Mykola Matvyenko started every match for Ukraine in the UEFA Nations League but 19-year-old Vitaliy Mykolenko turned in a number of eye-catching displays for Dynamo Kyiv in the Europa League and will push to start at left-back here.
- Portugal have drawn 6 of their last 7 matches (European Championship).
- Portugal have been drawing at both half time and full time in 5 of their last 6 matches.
- Ukraine have lost their last 3 matches (European Championship).
More information from Whoscored.com