Carling Black Label South Africa has confirmed the news rules for this season’s edition of the Soweto derby preseason clash.
The new rules include added substitutions, Man of the Match voting and hearing every word from the referee's microphone.
CBL’s new rules press release:
“ - 4th substitution for Goalkeeper
Coaches will have the option of utilising a 4th sub; to replace the goalkeeper (injury or strategic)
- Fans select the Captain
Fans can vote on the captain; once the starting line-up has been confirmed
- Twitter selects a substitution
Fans on Twitter can contribute to the selection of a substitute (in addition to SMS).
- Rolling Subs
3 -5 substitutes will have the opportunity to enter and exit the field of play, at any time (as per 5vs5)
- Yellow card timeout
Cautions (yellow card) will result in players sitting out of play (off-field) for 2-5 minutes
- Twitter selects Man of the Match
Fans on Twitter will have the opportunity to contribute to the selection of the Man of the Match; by voting
- Mic on the ref
Ref wears a mic so that fans on TV can hear his interactions with the players,” CBL said in a press release.
- 2011 - Pirates 0-0 (4-3 pens) Chiefs
- 2012 - Pirates 1-1 (5-4 pens) Chiefs
- 2013 - Chiefs 1-0 Pirates
- 2014 - Pirates 0-0 (6-5 pens) Chiefs
- 2015 - Pirates 1-1 (4-3 pens) Chiefs
- 2016 - Chiefs 2-0 Pirates
- 2017 - Chiefs 1-0 Pirates.