The expenditure of Europe's elite clubs currently stands 13.38bn euros to acquire some of the continent's top talents, and the ongoing rumours suggest the spending still isn't done in places such as Spain, Italy and Germany where clubs are vying to close deals before the window slams shut
When do the respective transfer windows close and which players have moved for the most money in the window so far?
The latest transfer news 📰
- (ESPN) believes that FC Barcelona to table a bid to resign Neymar on loan from Paris St-Germain - including an option to make the deal permanent.
- Still on Neymar, Serie A giants Juventus have also entered the race to sign the 27-year-old Brazilian, (AS) believes.
- (ESPN) believes Danish international and Tottenham Hotspur forward Christian Eriksen is only attracted to three clubs: Barcelona, Real Madrid or Juventus.
- As reported on this page yesterday, PSG are interested in trading Neymar with Real Madrid’s duo of Raphael Varane, 26, and 19-year-old winger Vinicius Jr. added (Telefoot, via Sun).
- Unai Emery’s Arsenal are open to loaning out defender Shkodran Mustafi to Roma for the seasons, and possible £23m permanent deal. (Forza Roma, via Sun).
- European champions Liverpool are considering to sign ex-Tottenham goalkeeper Michel Vorm who is a free agent since the summer. (Caught Offside).
- French giants PSG are targeting Juventus' Paulo Dybala for £73m (ESPN).
- Scottish giants Celtic are trying to complete a loan deal for Bournemouth's Jordan Ibe ahead of the neighbouring league’s 2 September transfer window deadline. (Express).
- English giants Manchester City, Arsenal and Tottenham sent scouts to watch Rennes 16-year-old midfielder Eduardo Camavinga dish out a wonderful performance to lead his side to a win over Paris St-Germain. (Mail).
- Man City’s goalkeeper Claudio Bravo, 36, is expected to leave the Etihand on a free transfer by the end of the season. (Sun).
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has firmly restated that Paul Pogba is going nowhere this summer. (Sky Sports)
- Juventus are set to offer 10m euros (£9m) for Barcelona left-back Juan Miranda, 19. (Mundo Deportivo).
- United's defender Marcos Rojo's move to Everton was blocked on transfer deadline day after the Glazers felt Everton are a direct rival. (Express)
European window closing dates 🗓
- The Ligue 1 window opened on June 16 and closes on September 2.
- The Liga window opened on July 1 and closes on September 2.
- The Bundesliga window opened on July 1 and closes on September 2.
- The Serie A window opened on July 1 and closes on August 23.
Biggest done deals to date 💰
- João Félix 🇵🇹
Benfica to Atletico Madrid ✈️
- Antoine Griezmann 🇫🇷
Atlético Madrid to FC Barcelona ✈️
- Eden Hazard 🇧🇪
Chelsea to Real Madrid ✈️
- Harry Maguire 🏴
Leicester City to Man United ✈️
- Matthijs de Ligt 🇳🇱
Ajax Amsterdam to Juventus ✈️
Biggest spenders 😮
- Real Madrid: €303m
- Atlético Madrid: €244m
- Barcelona: €237m
- Juventus: €152m
- Bayern Munich € 144m
Read more: Transfer Deadline Day - Deals Done
⬇️ Predict 6 EPL football scores with Futaa6 and you could win the $10,000 Jackpot, best of all it’s completely free to play every week in the Futaa Android App Download it now to play!
Read More: Tevez in to save Solskjær?