The statisticians at OPTA have released all of the facts and figures for the upcoming weekend and we've picked out a few of those pertinent to Liverpool vs Arsenal, a fixture that almost guarantees goals.
Liverpool vs Arsenal preview 📝
The only two sides with a 100% record in the Premier League this season so far come toe to toe here where something has to give. Liverpool vs Arsenal is, more often than not, a classic Premier League encounter and we can see goals at both ends here, considering that Liverpool has yet to keep a clean sheet in 2019/2020. Liverpool has had a strong upper hand in clashes between these giants at Anfield though in recent years and it's them who should prevail here.
OPTA stats & bets 📉💰
- Liverpool is unbeaten in their last eight matches against Arsenal in all competitions (W4 D4) - they last enjoyed a longer such run in February 2000 (14 games).
>> bet on a draw
- Arsenal is without a win in their last six Premier League visits to Anfield (W0 D2 L4), conceding two or more goals in each match (22 in total).
>> back Liverpool to win
- No Premier League fixture has seen more goals than matches between Liverpool and Arsenal (155 goals in 54 games).
>> bet on over 2.5 goals
- The fixture has also seen the most hat-tricks in the competition (6) - Robbie Fowler (2), Thierry Henry, Peter Crouch, Andrey Arshavin & and Roberto Firmino).
>> bet on over 3.5 goals
- Arsenal has lost 13 Premier League away games versus Liverpool at Anfield - only versus Manchester United at Old Trafford (16) have they lost more in the competition.
>> bet on Liverpool to be winning at half time and full time
- Liverpool has won 11 consecutive Premier League matches, equalling their best-ever winning streak in the competition, previously set between February and April 2014 under Brendan Rodgers.
>> bet on BTTS in a Liverpool win
- Arsenal will be looking to win their first three games of a top-flight season for the ninth time in their history and for the first time since 2004-05 when they finished second behind Chelsea.
>> bet on an outside outcome of Arsenal to win
- Liverpool has gone 41 Premier League games without defeat at Anfield (W31 D10 L0), since a 1-2 defeat to Sam Allardyce's Crystal Palace - a run lasting two years and 123 days.
>> bet on Liverpool to avoid defeat in the double chance market
- Liverpool's Roberto Firmino has scored more Premier League goals versus Arsenal than he has against any other side (8 goals in 8 games). The Brazilian has netted in all four of his Premier League appearances versus Arsenal at Anfield, scoring seven goals and assisting two more.
>> bet on Firmino to score anytime
- Arsenal forward Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has scored three goals in 13 Premier League games against fellow 'big six' sides, averaging a goal every 356 minutes - in games against non-big-six sides, he has scored 31 times in 38 games, averaging a goal every 94 minutes.
>> bet on Liverpool to win to nil
- Liverpool forward Roberto Firmino is one goal away from becoming the first Brazilian player to score 50 Premier League goals.
>> back Firmino to be the first goal-scorer
Follow Liverpool vs Arsenal live on Futaa!