The Absa Premiership returns this weekend after the FIFA break. Where we were before we got interrupted? What does Futaa expect to happen come Saturday?
The country’s champions Mamelodi Sundowns will be on a flight to the exotic parts of Seychelles in the Indian Ocean. Sundowns have a CAF Champions League job against Cote d'Or.
Meanwhile, here at home, 12 local teams will be battling for three points in our increasingly unforgiving Premier League.
Orlando Pirates are not breathing easy. The Soweto giants are one of the most-pressured sides in the land after going three league games without a single win or a goal.
You can’t say the same about Kaizer Chiefs.
Amakhosi are currently the best team in Mzansi. Ernst Middendorp’s side sits pretty at the top of the league with three wins in four. The side are inspired by their new Serbian striker Samir Nurkovic and the Australian midfielder Kearyn Baccus.
Here are a few moments we expect to witness this weekend between Saturday and Sunday:
- Pirates as a club of vast expectations should get their first league win since August 4. They host Chippa United in Orlando where they’ve won the last four games against the Chilli Boys. Chippa’s last win in Soweto was back in 2016.
- Chiefs’ form and swagger looked menacing in their last game in Cape Town. But did the momentum get killed? We do guess so. Therefore expect a slight win or a share of the spoils at FNB.
- Another form side last month were Kaitano Tembo’s SuperSport United. Matstantsa a Pitori only have one loss in four games. Thanks to the scoring form of Bradley Grobler and Thamsanqa Gabuza. We expect both strikers find the net again this weekend at home to Cape Town City.
- The winless duo of AmaZulu and Stellebosch FC will each finally get their first victory of the season. Why? They are hard-working sides and deserve it. But the likes of Golden Arrows and Bloemfontein Celtic will be standing in the way.
Saturday 14 September
- Golden Arrows vs AmaZulu FC
- Orlando Pirates vs Chippa United
- Kaizer Chiefs vs Polokwane City (18:00)
- SuperSport United vs Cape Town City FC (20:00)
Sunday 15 September 2019
- Black Leopards vs Baroka FC
- Bloemfontein Celtic vs Stellenbosch FC.
What picture will we be seeing on Monday? Chiefs with a stretched lead a the top? Pirates with a first win or sunk in turmoil?
Read more: ✌🏾🗣 Manyama on how Middendorp changed his role
⬇️ Predict 6 EPL football scores with Futaa6 and you could win the $10,000 Jackpot, best of all it’s completely free to play every week in the Futaa Android App Download it now to play!
Read More: 🗓 Diarise Arsenal's February schedule