Kenyan giants Gor Mahia was among the biggest losers in the first leg, first round of the CAF Champions League fixtures played across different nations in the continent over the weekend.
A brace each from Algers Muaid Ellafi and Mohamed Meftah rendered Kenneth Muguna’s penalty in the second half a mere consolation as Gor fell 4-1 in Algiers; the result denting Mahia chances of making it to the group stage of the competition.
The biggest loser though was Seychelles side Cote d'Or who lost 5-0 at home against South Africa giants Mamelodi Sundowns.
Zesco United came from a goal down to hold Yanga SC to a 1-1 draw in Tanzania as Mamelodi Sundown of South Africa put five goals past Cote d’Or away from home.
First Round, First Leg Results
- Cote d'Or 0-5 Mamelodi Sundowns
- Green Eagles 1-2 Primeiro de Agosto
- Young Africans 1-1 ZESCO United
- Petro Atletico 0-0 KCCA FC
- Cano Sport 0-2 Al Ahly SC
- FC Platinum 1-0 UD Songo
- Generation Foot 2-1 Zamalek SC
- JS Kabylie 2-0 Horoya AC
- Fosa Juniors 0-0 TP Mazembe
- Elect Sport 1-1 Espérance Tunis
- Asante Kotoko SC 2-0 Etoile Sahel
- Enyimba FC 0-0 Al Hilal Club
- ASC Kara 0‐0 AS Vita Club
- FC Nouadhibou 0-2 Wydad AC
- Al-Nasr SC 1-3 Raja CA
- USM Alger 4-1 Gor Mahia FC