Ghana international and Columbus Crew defender Harrison Afful was named in the Major League Soccer (MLS) Team of the Week.
This time around the 33-year-old made it to the substitute bench of the team that consisted of players such as former Manchester United duo, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Nani.
This is not the first time the former Asante Kotoko defender has made it to the MLS Team of The Week as his impressive displays earned him a place in the first team early in September.
Afful was a standout player during their 3-1 victory against Atlanta United over the weekend which earned him a place on the bench.
New York City FC goalkeeper, Sean Johnson, would man the post with Ali Adnan, Frederic Brillant and Keegan Rosenberry completing the defensive set up.
Nani, Careles Gil, Luis Diaz and Przemyslaw Frankowski consist of the midfield set up while Zlatan Ibrahimovic would be leading the attacking trio that has Sarwin Quintero Jordan Morris.
Team of the Week
- Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders)
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic (LA Galaxy)
- Darwin Quintero (Minnesota United)
- Nani (Orlando City)
- Carles Gil (New England)
- Luis Diaz (Columbus Crew)
- Przemyslaw Frankowski (Chicago Fire)
- Ali Adnan (Vancouver)
- Frederic Brillant (DC United)
- Keegan Rosenberry (Colorado Rapids)
- Sean Johnson (New York City FC)
- David Bingham (LA Galaxy)
- Harrison Afful (Columbus Crew)
- Allan Cruz (FC Cincinnati)
- Nicolas Lodeiro (SEA)
- Michael Bradley (Toronto FC)
- Alexandru Mitrita (New York City FC)
- CJ Sapong (Chicago Fire)