Bayern Munich has ruled out a move for Manchester City ace Leroy Sane during this transfer window, the club's director Hasan Salihamidzic has confirmed.
Sane has been on Munich's radar last summer but his move failed to materialize as the winger suffered an ACL injury during the FA Community Shield against Liverpool. The Germany winger is close to making a return to action and this could see the Bundesliga giants reignite their interest. And now Hasan says his club will not make a move for the 23-year-old during the January transfer window.
"We need a player who will help us now," he said during Thursday's press conference as quoted by Sport Bild.
Earlier this week boss Pep Guardiola gave an injury update on Sane where he revealed the winger is incredibly doing well.
"I think he is close. I spoke with him two days ago and he said to me he is training alone with the ball, he is doing incredibly well," said Guardiola.
"His knee looks really good so I don’t think it is going to take too much time to come back to train with us. I think in the next few weeks he can come back."
⬇️ Predict 6 EPL football scores with Futaa6 and you could win the $10,000 Jackpot, best of all it’s completely free to play every week in the Futaa Android App Download it now to play!