Two of the top teams in the French top-flight meet tonight, as Rennes hosts Marseille at the Roazhon Park.
The teams are neighbors in the standings, with the hosts from Rennes sitting 3rd with 32 points, while Marseille is one up at 2nd with six points more, but have played one more match than their opponents.
Here's our full preview and best bets ahead of this thriller!
📊 Match preview & Stats
- Rennes heads into the clash on the back of a five-game winning run in the top-flight. Last time out in the top-flight they recorded a 1-0 win over Bordeaux, which saw the home side keep a third clean sheet in four games in Ligue One.
- Those recent clean sheets have been a big factor in their recent league matches being low-scoring, as three of their last four league outings have produced under 2.5 goals.
- As for Marseille, Andre Villas-Boas’ boys are on a strong recent run of form in the French top-flight, as they are unbeaten in eight league matches, having recorded an impressive seven wins.
- In their last game of 2019, OM recorded a 3-1 home win over Nimes. The result means that the visitors have scored two or more goals in seven of their last eight Ligue One matches.
- Argentinian striker Diego Benedetto is OM’s top scorer with seven goals in 18 Ligue One appearances this season. He is a man in form.
🔑 Worth mentioning:
- Marseille is undefeated in the last five head to head clashes with Rennes, as four of these matches ended in draws, including the last three.
🥅 Players to watch
Top performers Rennes: M’Baye Niang 8 goals, Adrien Hunou 5 goals, Raphinha 3 goals 2 assists.
Top performers Marseille: Dario Benedetto 7 goals, Dimitri Payet 6 goals 3 assists, Nemanja Radonjic 4 goals 1 assist.
👀 The prediction
- We expect a close and entertaining game and can also see both teams finding the back of the net in what should be an absorbing evening in Rennes.
- We are going to back an away win as Marseille has a good hold over Rennes in recent years and is on glorious form. Of course, so are Rennes and they have a lot to play for here.
💰 Futaa best bets
- Back BTTS yes priced at 1.82
- Back over 2.5 goals priced at 2.09
- Back Dario Benedetto to score anytime priced at 2.40
- Back Marseille win at full time priced at 2.70
🌚 Futaa Moonshot bet
- Back Marseille to win and BTTS priced at 4.95
Follow Rennes vs Marseille live on Futaa!