In the evolving world of football, clubs are fighting to get the best players in the market as competition gets stiffer.
The good players don’t come cheaply with Paris Saint Germain forward Neymar move from Barcelona in 2017 being the most expensive transfer in football history; the player having handed Barca a sum of £199.8m.
Neymar’s sale was the most coach Unai Emery has spent on a single player with the list of the coaches to have spent more on player having notable faces in the game.
Former Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger spent £767m in the transfer market, Max Allegri spending £844m with Pep Guardiola forking out £1B in his tenure.
Despite the available cash for the coaches, Tottenham Hotspur manager Jose Mourinho tops the list of the biggest spending manager after using a total of £1.3B in his coaching career; midfielder Paul Pogba being his most expensive purchase after convincing the Frenchman to join him at Manchester United from Juventus in 2016.
- Jose Mourinho: Total spend - £1.3bn / Paul Pogba £89.3m
- Carlo Ancelotti: £998m / Gareth Bale £85.3m
- Pep Guardiola: £998m / Zlatan Ibrahimovic £57m
- Manuel Pellegrini: £921m / Cristiano Ronaldo £80m
- Massimiliano Allegri: £844m / Cristiano Ronaldo £99.2m
- Arsene Wenger: £767m / Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang £56m
- Roberto Mancini: £683m / Sergio Aguero £35m
- Claudio Ranieri: £682.6m / James Rodriguez £38.5m
- Rafa Benitez: £577m / Gonzalo Higuain £34.5m
- Unai Emery: £591m / Neymar £200m
(Source: Oh My Goal)
⬇️ Predict 6 EPL football scores with Futaa6 and you could win the $10,000 Jackpot, best of all it’s completely free to play every week in the Futaa Android App Download it now to play!