It’s not a normal Tuesday. No, at least not for football fans. We have a London derby tonight!
Just three-and-a-half weeks after Arsenal played host to Chelsea in a 1-2 loss, Arteta’s men now make a trip to the South West of London to play a Chelsea team in dire need of three points.
Here is a break down of all you need to know ahead of this match.
📅 When and where
The match takes place at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday 21 January. Kick-off is 11.15 pm EAT.
🚑 Injury update
- Reece James limped off with an injury towards the end of the game against Newcastle last time out. However, the youngster is expected to be fit and available.
- Marcos Alonso is also back from his injury, but Christian Pulisic and Ruben Loftus-Cheek remain sidelined along with Marco van Ginkel.
- As for the Gunners, Calum Chambers, Kieran Tierney, and Reiss Nelson are still on the treatment table, while the club's leading scorer Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang will again miss out through suspension.
- Sokratis Papastathopoulos did not feature against Sheffield United due to illness, but the center-back is in line to return for tonight’s match, while Sead Kolasinac could overcome a thigh issue to feature.
🔵 Chelsea: Kepa; Azpilicueta, Rudiger, Christensen, Emerson; Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic; Willian, Abraham, Hudson-Odoi.
🔴 Arsenal: Leno; Maitland-Niles, Luiz, Sokratis, Saka; Xhaka, Torreira; Martinelli, Ozil, Pepe; Lacazette.
Last five meetings: Chelsea vs Arsenal
- 29 Dec 2019: Arsenal 1-2 Chelsea (Premier League)
- 29 May 2019: Chelsea 4-1 Arsenal (Uefa Europa League Final)
- 19 Jan 2019: Arsenal 2-0 Chelsea (Premier League)
- 18 Aug 2018: Chelsea 3-2 Arsenal (Premier League)
- 24 Jan 2018: Arsenal 2-1 Chelsea (League Cup)
- The two sides are good at finding the back of the net so we will definitely witness a goal-fest.
- Given that they’re still stuck back in 10th place, Arsenal needs the points more than Chelsea.
- But the Blues have far more quality throughout their ranks and boast a favorable recent record against their London rivals, so we expect trouble from the Blues, that will definitely be countered.
💰 Futaa Bet spreads
- Back over 2.5 goals priced at 1.66
- Back BTTS: yes priced at 1.61
- Back Arsenal to score over 1.5 goals priced at 3.00
🌚 Futaa Moonshot bets
- Back a 2-2 scoreline at fulltime priced at 11.00
📲 Follow Chelsea vs Arsenal live on Futaa!
⬇️ Predict 6 EPL football scores with Futaa6 and you could win the $10,000 Jackpot, best of all it’s completely free to play every week in the Futaa Android App Download it now to play!