Real Madrid or rather, many Spanish clubs tend to add release clauses to some of their top performers’ contracts in order to ward off buyers.
For example, currently, Real Madrid’s striker Karim Benzema, has the highest release in world football today, with the Frenchman's buyout set at a staggering €1 billion (£846.7 million). No one would actually manage to pay this out, without breaking the set (Financial Fair Play) FFP rules!
But again, with how the market is set up, who knows?
Let us look at a list of the highest release clauses today as reported in the Daily Mail:
- Karim Benzema - £846.7 million (Real Madrid)
- Antoine Griezmann - £677.2 (Barcelona)
- Luka Modric - £634.9 million (Real Madrid)
- Brahim Diaz - £634.9 million (Real Madrid)
- Lionel Messi - £592.5 million (Barcelona)
- Isco - £592.5 million (Real Madrid)
- Vinicius Jr - £592.5 million (Real Madrid)
- Marco Asensio - £592.5 million (Real Madrid)
- Gareth Bale - £423 million (Real Madrid)
- Gerard Pique - £423 million (Barcelona)
In as much as not every transfer out involves paying off the release clauses, at times, clubs prefer to pay it to avoid going into negotiations but with the figures above, one would rather negotiate!
⬇️ Predict 6 EPL football scores with Futaa6 and you could win the $10,000 Jackpot, best of all it’s completely free to play every week in the Futaa Android App Download it now to play!