In easy terms, this is an award given to the player with most assists in the season.
For a long time, the player who made the goal happen was ignored and only the goal scorer was focused on but times have changed.
The award was introduced in the 2017/18 season to reward the players who create the most goals for their teams.
As it stands, Kevin De Bruyne is the early pacesetter, but the race to be king of Premier League assists is far from over. The Belgian is aiming to win the Playmaker of the Season award for the second time in three seasons.
Here are the full standings:
- Kevin De Bruyne: 16 assists (2,154 minutes)
- Trent Alexander-Arnold: 12 assists (2,370 minutes)
- Riyad Mahrez: 8 assists (1,353 minutes)
- David Silva: 7 assists (1,261 minutes)
- Son Heung-Min: 7 assists (1,749 minutes)
- Emiliano Buendia: 7 assists (1,834 minutes)
- Adama Traore: 7 assists (1,972 minutes)
- Roberto Firmino: 7 assists (2, 252 minutes)
- Andrew Robertson: 7 assists (2, 355 minutes)
- Nicolas Pepe: 6 assists (1,525 minutes)
⬇️ Predict 6 EPL football scores with Futaa6 and you could win the $10,000 Jackpot, best of all it’s completely free to play every week in the Futaa Android App Download it now to play!
Read More: Ighalo wants Manchester United stay