Senegalese star Idrissa Gueye is the highest-paid African footballer in the French top division, Ligue 1.
According to the information published by French football magazine France Football, there are only three Africas among the Top 30 highest paid footballers in Ligue 1.
The Senegalese star leads the African roster with £424,000 a year followed by Algeria's Islam Slimani on £321,000 and the other African on the list is Burkina Faso's Bertrand Traore on £296,000.
Unsurprisingly Paris Saint-German players dominate the list with France internationals taking up the other slots.
Here's the full list and how we covered the story in earlier editions:
- Neymar (PSG): £2.6million
- Kylian Mbappe (PSG): £1.6m
- Thiago Silva (PSG): £1.3m
- Edinson Cavani (PSG): £1.1m
- Marquinhos (PSG): £1m
- Marco Verratti (PSG): £1m
- Angel Di Maria (PSG): £932,000
- Keylor Navas (PSG): £850,000
- Mauro Icardi (PSG): £678,000
- Leandro Paredes (PSG): £635,000
- Presnel Kimpembe (PSG): £568,000
- Wissam Ben Yedder (Monaco): £551,000
- Ander Herrera (PSG): £551,000
- Julian Draxler (PSG): £508,000
- Cesc Fabregas (Monaco): £508,000
- Kevin Strootman (Marseille): £424,000
- Dimitri Payet (Marseille): £424,000
- Idrissa Gueye (PSG): £424,000
- Tiemoue Bakayoko (Monaco): £381,000
- Sarabia (PSG): £381,000
- Abdou Diallo (PSG): £381,000
- Florian Thauvin (Marseille): £357,000
- Memphis Depay (Lyon): £355,000
- Thilo Kehrer (PSG): £347,000
- Anthony Lopes (Lyon): £388,000
- Steven Nzonzi (Rennes): £388,000
- Islam Slimani (Monaco): £321,000
- Steve Mandanda (Marseille) £305,000
- Bertrand Traore (Lyon): £296,000
- Valere Germain (Marseille): £279,000
⬇️ Predict 6 EPL football scores with Futaa6 and you could win the $10,000 Jackpot, best of all it’s completely free to play every week in the Futaa Android App Download it now to play!