Back down memory lane we go, this time it's the 1994/95 season of the Premier League where we fix our focus.
Here are the best facts, figures and stats to impress your friends.
📊 OPTA highlights from EPL 1994/95
- Blackburn Rovers became Premier League champions in 1994/95, their first title in 81 years – which remains the longest ever wait between English top-flight titles.
- Manchester United won 9-0 against Ipswich Town on March 4th 1995 – the joint-biggest margin of victory in Premier League history (later equalled by Leicester 9-0 Southampton in Oct 2019).
- Robbie Fowler scored a five-minute hat-trick against Arsenal on 28 August 1994 – it stood as the fastest hat-trick in the competition until Sadio Mane’s three-minute treble against Aston Villa in 2015.
- Alan Shearer scored 34 goals in 1994-95, helping Blackburn Rovers to the title – the joint-most scored by a player in a single Premier League campaign (along with Andy Cole in 1993/94).
- Matt Le Tissier made more assists than any other player in the Premier League in 1994/95 (15) - the only Englishman to have made more in a single campaign is Frank Lampard in 2004/05 (18).
- Peter Schmeichel became the first goalkeeper to record 20 clean sheets in a Premier League season, a total that wouldn’t be broken until 2004-05 by Petr Cech (24).
- Tottenham Hotspur (7th) finished above Arsenal (12th) in the Premier League in 1994/95. The next time this would happen would be in 2016/17.
- Andrei Kanchelskis became the first Man United player to score a Premier League hat-trick - netting against Man City. He became the first Man Utd player to score a hat-trick in the derby since Alex Dawson in December 1960, while no player has achieved the feat since.
We'll be back tomorrow with more stats, trivia, quizzes and more from the Premier League and indeed the rest of the world.
⬇️ Predict 6 EPL football scores with Futaa6 and you could win the $10,000 Jackpot, best of all it’s completely free to play every week in the Futaa Android App Download it now to play!
Read More: Bayern Munich resumes first team training