The Dutch FA (KNVB) has said that the top two divisions might restart on June 19 without supporters following a meeting of clubs and other major stakeholders on Tuesday.
KNVB hopes that clubs could resume training in mid-May should the Dutch government give the green light. Football activities in the country had been halted after the country recorded over 19,000 positive Covid-19 cases and at least 2,000 deaths.
This decision would appease UEFA which had threatened Dutch FA and any other country that was considering cancelling their leagues without their approval.
The video conference meeting, hosted by KNVB, was attended by first and second division clubs players' union, refereeing representatives, television rights holders and the supporters' association
Last week, three of the top four clubs in the Dutch Eredivisie league table - Ajax Amsterdam, AZ Alkmaar and PSV Eindhoven - all called for the current campaign to be ended, criticising the KNVB's desire to try and complete the term.
Ajax's technical director Marc Overmars said: ''We in the Netherlands are not as dependent on television rights incomes as the leagues in Spain, England, Italy and Germany are.
''I think that they had been put under big pressure by UEFA to continue playing at whatever cost," added the former Barcelona and Arsenal winger.