AFCON legend, Herve Renard, coached three different nations, two of which became champions of the continent. So, who does he have in his best ever eleven?
While the Frenchman clinched gold with Zambia at Gabon 2012 and with Ivory Coast at Equatorial Guinea in 2015, Renard’s best eleven is dominated by Ghana’s Black Stars where he worked as an assistant at the 2008 tournament.
Surprisingly, Renard’s selection does not feature any Zambians.
Renard’s Full Team:
- 🇬🇭 Richard Kingson - Goalkeeper
- 🇲🇦 Medhi Benatia - Right back
- 🇬🇭 John Mensah - Central defender
- 🇮🇪 Kolo Toure - Central defender
- 🇲🇦 Achraf Hakimi - Left back
- 🇬🇭 Michael Essien - Central midfielder
- 🇮🇪 Yaya Toure - Central midfielder
- 🇬🇭 Andre Ayew - Right midfielder
- 🇮🇪 Saka Tiene - Left midfielder
- 🇬🇭 Sulley Muntari - Attacking midfielder
- 🇬🇭 Asamoah Gyan - Striker.
- 🇬🇭 Jordan Ayew - Striker
- 🇮🇪 Gervinho - Striker
- 🇲🇦 Younès Belhanda - Attacking midfielder.