A mouth-watering clash is expected at the Borussia-Park Stadium on Saturday when Borussia Mönchengladbach play host to Bayer Leverkusen in a Bundesliga clash.
Borussia continued with their impressive run before the league was suspended with a 3-1 win away to Eintracht Frankfurt last weekend to move to third.
Kai Havertz then led Leverkusen in perfect response, seeing off Werder Bremen 4-1 on Monday night to move to within two points behind their weekend opponents.
It will be the clash of the weekend as both sides battle for a top-four finish.
Can he lead them again away at Borussia-Park?
- This will be the 76th meeting between the two sides
- The away side have enjoyed more wins (27 to Borussia’s 22), while 26 games have ended all square
- Gladbach have won six of their last eight Bundesliga matches against Bayer 04 (L2)
- The Foals had previously failed to beat the Werkself between 1994 and 2010
- Borussia have won each of their last three Bundesliga games against Leverkusen
- Bayer defeated the Foals in Mönchengladbach in the DFB-Pokal both 2017/18 and 2018/19 (1-0, 5-0)
- They have won three of their last four competitive games at BORUSSIA-PARK
- Borussia have won three of their last four Bundesliga games
- They will be looking to win 3 consecutive matches for the first time since between matchday 9 & 11
- The Foals’ 3-1 win at Frankfurt saw them move into third place in the table – their highest since Jan
- 52 points from 26 games represent Gladbach’s third-best Bundesliga campaign
- Gladbach and Augsburg are the only two sides waiting for a league clean sheet in 2020
- Ramy Bensebaini has had a hand in six goals in his 12 Bundesliga matches (5 goals, 1 assist)
- Leverkusen have won eight of their 13 Bundesliga away games this term (D1, L4)
- 10 of Kai Havertz’s 13 goal involvements this season have been in the Rückrunde
- Peter Bosz currently has the second-best points per game average of any Leverkusen coach in the Bundesliga
- 22 points from their first nine games represent Leverkusen’s best-ever start to a Rückrunde (second half of the Bundesliga season)