We have come to the end of our Bet School series and if you are a new punter, by now you know how to open an account and even how to place a bet.
In this series, we covered all the basics of sports betting so that you can have an advantage on game day. Now, to cap it all off, we'll give you a neat summary with some key pointers.
💰 Futaa Cheat Sheet
You don’t want a sudden impulse to place a bet on game day and not know how sports betting works. Just take the time to understand what the odds provided mean and how the system works on the platform you have decided to use. Here are some quick rules of thumb:
- 📚 First, you really have to do your homework. Well-researched bets are always more likely to pay off.
- 🧠 Use some common cents (pun intended) when placing your bet. Simply put, always stake what you can afford to lose.
- 💯 A good tip for a newcomer is to choose a cash limit for the day and discipline yourself to never go above that.
- 🧮 Whatever strategy you decide to use, stick with it.
- 👀 Finally, you should never get trapped in your first win. Here, we simply mean that as a new punter, your first win might be so big that you will think of yourself as a betting guru and this might be true or not. Only time can tell.
- 🏃🏾 Another thing you should know as a new punter is that you never 'chase the loser'. Doubling your previous lost bet just to make up for what you have lost is not advisable. Stick to your strategy and do your research on the markets you want to play.
- ⚽️ Always remember that sports betting is a recreational activity and not an investment strategy.
- 🍺 Avoid impaired decision-making.
Enjoy your betting experience equipped with the tools provided during the beginner section of our Bet School series.