Joint New Zealand/Australia bid to host the 2023 Women's World Cup is the clear favourite to win when FIFA announces the hosts later this week.
The bidding team from the two countries are confident that FIFA will award then the 2023 hosting rights but face competition from Colombia.
The decision will be announced on Friday this week.
Australian FA chief executive James Johnson says that they are confident but remain focused till the decision is announced.
"I would say we're confident, but we need to remain focused and remain focused on finishing the job," Johnson told AAP.
"We can learn a lot from our game's history.
"I certainly remember sitting in the stand of the MCG in 1997 when we were 2-0 up against Iran with 20 minutes to go - and we didn't end up going to France.
"Our goal has been to convince the FIFA Council members who vote on the merits of our bid and we're continuing to work on this into the late hours of Thursday evening when the meeting starts."
The 37-member FIFA Council - 35 of whom can vote - will meet via video conference on Thursday, with the Cup host vote the final agenda item after both bidders deliver final presentations.
Japan withdrew from the running on Monday and threw support behind the Australia-New Zealand bid - effectively shoring up support in Asia. Brazil pulled out of contention earlier this month.