Real Madrid will be in action on Thursday night at the Alfredo de Stefano Stadium as they host sixth-placed Getafe in a LaLiga clash.
Barcelona's recent slip-ups mean the Los Blancos could open a four-point gap at the top if they can pick maximum points against a Champions League-chasing Getafe.
Despite Jose Bordalas’ side having won just one of their five games since the restart, they will pose a serious danger for Zinedine Zidane's men.
The Los Blancos won the reverse fixture 3-0, thanks to goals from Raphael Varane and Luka Modric, along with a David Soria own goal.
Madrid will be without Eden Hazard, who was left out of the squad despite being fit. According to Zidane, the Belgian is always a target for opponents and needs to be protected considering he has had a number of injuries.
The rest of the squad is available for selection, even though not much is expected to change from the side that won against Espanyol.
Zidane knows the task that lies ahead and has warned his charges not to be overconfident.
"We can't be overconfident or say this is over because we haven't won anything yet", said the coach.
"The reality is that we have six games to play and 18 points at stake. You have to respect your opponents,"
The visitors too will have a fully-fit squad to pick from with Erick Cabaco perhaps the only player whose involvement is a doubt.
They have also been boosted by the return of Djene Dakonam, after serving his suspension.
- Getafe are winless in their last 12 meetings with Real Madrid in La Liga (D1 L11)
- Their last victory against Los Blancos came back in August 2012
- Real Madrid are unbeaten in their last 11 matches against Madrilenian teams (W8 D3)
- Jose Bordalas is winless against Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid in La Liga (P16 D2 L14).
- His teams have failed to score in 11 of these 16 matches
- Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos has scored three goals in his last six La Liga home matches, as many as he had managed in his previous 39 appearances at home in the top-flight
- Real Madrid are the only La Liga team to win all five games since the competition restarted after the three-month hiatus. The last time they won six league games in a row in a single season was back in 2016/17 when they won the title
Last five meetings (LaLiga)
- Getafe 0-3 Real Madrid
- Getafe Real 0-0 Real Madrid
- Real Madrid 2-0 Getafe
- Real Madrid 3-1 Getafe
- Getafe Real 1-2 Real Madrid
Real Madrid possible starting XI: Courtois; Carvajal, Varane, Ramos, Marcelo; Modric, Casemiro, Kroos; Isco, Benzema, Junior
Getafe possible starting XI: Soria; Suarez, Etxeita, Dakonam, Olivera; Nyom, Maksimovic, Arambarri, Cucurella; Molina, Mata