Barcelona get ready for their first derby under Quique Setien as they host Espanyol at Camp Nou on Matchday 35 of LaLiga, following a very impressive performance and victory on the road against Villarreal.
We're banking on an entertaining derby, and here's all you need to know ahead of kickoff.
🧩 Barcelona vs Espanyol key details
- 🗓 8 July 2020
- 🏟 Camp Nou, Barcelona
- ⌚️ 23:00 kickoff (EAT)
🧮 Likely starting XIs
Ter Stegen; Semedo, Piqué, Lenglet, Alba; Vidal, Busquets, Roberto; Messi; Griezmann, Suárez
Diego López; Javi López, Bernardo, Cabrera, Dídac; Roca, David López; Melendo, Darder, Embarba; De Tomás
🔑 Key betting facts
- Lionel Messi is the all-time top scorer in the history of the Catalan Derby with 25 goals.
- He also holds the record of most appearances made against RCD Espanyol, with 34.
- Francisco Rufete replaced Abelardo Fernandez to become Espanyol’s fourth manager this season. The latter was in charge of the team for only a month before he was sacked.
- It has been more than a decade since Espanyol last won against Barcelona in the league. The match in question was in 2008, at Camp Nou when Barcelona lost 2-1.
- The last time Espanyol kept a clean sheet against Barcelona was in 2018/19’s Copa del Rey quarter-finals first leg, which ended 1-0.
🔮 Futaa prediction
- Barcelona to win at FT priced at 1.10
- Barcelona to score over 2.5 goals priced at 1.61
- Over 2.5 match goals priced at 1.39