The 139th FA Cup Final at Wembley Stadium on Saturday evening is a chance for both Mikel Arteta and Frank Lampard to land domestic silverware during their maiden seasons in charge of their respective clubs.
🛣️ Road to Wembley
Arsenal had to outclass holders Manchester City in the semi-final, with the game held at an empty Wembley Stadium. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang ensured the club progressed to their 21st FA Cup final when scoring both goals in a 2-0 victory, finding the back of the net in both the 19th and 71st minutes.
Manchester United were Chelsea’s semi-final rivals. Olivier Giroud gave the Blues a first-half lead, Mason Mount then doubled the margin before Harry Maguire sealed it for the Blues with an own goal in the 74th minute.
Bruno Fernandes’ 85th-minute penalty could not salvage the game for United and Chelsea took the spot in the final.
Here's all you need to know ahead of this match, which sees two teams that have had more success in the FA Cup since the turn of the century, lifting the famous trophy a combined 11 times since 2001.
🧩 Arsenal vs Chelsea key details
- 🗓 1 August 2020
- 🏟 Wembley Stadium
- ⌚️ 19:30 kickoff (EAT)
🧮 Likely starting XIs
Martinez; Holding, Luiz, Tierney; Bellerin, Ceballos, Xhaka, Saka; Pepe, Lacazette, Aubameyang
Caballero; Azpilicueta, Rudiger, Christensen, Alonso; Jorginho, Kovacic, Mount; Hudson-Odoi, Pulisic, Giroud
🔑 Key betting facts
- Chelsea have netted first in 32 of their 45 domestic games this season.
- Over 2.5 goals hit the net in eight of Chelsea’s 11 games since the restart.
- Over 2.5 goals were registered in four of the last five meetings between Arsenal and Chelsea.
- Chelsea have won eight of their last 11 fixtures in all competitions.
- The Blues won two and drew one of their last three clashes with Arsenal.
- Chelsea have kept just three clean sheets in the 11 matches they contested since June 21, and shipped two or more goals in three of their most recent six assignments.
🔮 Futaa Best Bet: Both teams to score