He may have missed the first half of the season, but Manchester United‘s Bruno Fernandes will still go down as one of the biggest stars of 2019-20, breaking all sorts of records along the way, and showing the Red Devils just what they were missing out on.
The Red Devils snapped up the Portugal international for a cut-price £42m in the January window and he has already made a huge impact at Old Trafford.
Here are some of the most impressive stats to sum up Fernandes’ remarkable 2019-20 campaign.
- Fernandes has been directly involved in more Premier League goals (15) than he has played games in the competition (14).
- Since his United debut, the midfielder has been directly involved in more Premier League goals than any other player in the league.
- Despite only making his debut in February, no United player has registered more Premier League assists than Fernandes (7) in 2019-20.
Bruno Fernandes in the Premier League:— Statman Dave (@StatmanDave) July 26, 2020
• 14 appearances
• 8 goals
• 7 assists
He has more goals + assists (15) in his debut campaign than any other January signing in PL history. 🎯 pic.twitter.com/PdgRffoRlx
- Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are the only players with more goal involvement in Europe’s top five leagues than Fernandes since his United debut.
- No United player has ever reached 10 Premier League goal involvements for the club faster than Fernandes.
- No player in Premier League history has been directly involved in more goals in their first 10 appearances than Fernandes (13).
- Despite leaving the club in January, Fernandes is Sporting Lisbon’s top scorer in the Primeira Liga, Europa League, and Allianz Cup in 2019-20.
- He recorded 25 goals and 22 assists in all competitions for Sporting Lisbon and United in 2019-20, averaging a goal or assist every 87.1 minutes.
- United have won more Premier League points (32) than any other team since Fernandes made his debut for the club.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side averaged 1.4 points per game without Fernandes in the Premier League in 2019-20. That increased to 2.3 points per game when he was in the side.