With 14 of the 19 goals scored or conceded by Orlando this season coming in the second half, we're expecting more late drama in the MLS is Back Final as they aim to upset Portland Timbers' rhythm.
📝 Quick preview & tip
Orlando has won three and only lost one of the last five meetings between these teams ahead of the MLS is Back final. Both sides have scored in six of Orlando's last seven MLS matches and indeed that's also true of three of the last four meetings between these sides. In the pressure-cooker environment of a final, this should go all the way, with Portland unbeaten in their last five and all of the matches in that sequence seeing both sides score, including a 2-2 draw with LAFC.
🔑 Key betting facts
- Portland Timbers have a split record (W1, L1) in MLS Cup/US Open Cup finals, and boast a seven-game unbeaten run (W5, D2) in all competitions.
- Six of Portland's eight MLS fixtures this season (75%) have seen four or more cards awarded.
- 14 of the 19 goals scored or conceded by Orlando this season have come after the halftime interval.
- Five of the last six knockout matches have been determined in regulation time.
- Orlando has not collected the fewest cards in a single ‘MLS is Back’ match, reinforcing their rugged reputation.
- Portland’s Jeremy Ebobisse has scored in four separate fixtures at this tournament, bagging the opening goal three times.
✅ Futaa Best Bet: Back over 2.5 goals