The Premier League is back with all its fervor and excitement as newly-promoted Fulham take on FA Cup and Community Shield winners Arsenal in the inaugural match of the 2020-21 season.
Here's our first English Premier League 2020/21 betting preview with key betting insights, team news, and match info.
🧩 Fulham vs Arsenal key details
- 🗓 12 September 2020
- 🏟 Craven Cottage
- ⌚️ 14:30 kickoff (EAT)
🏟 Match Context
Fulham beat an impressive Brentford side in the Championship play-off to reach the Premier League only a year after their relegation. They have a difficult opening game to deal with straight away and on top of that, they won’t have their home crowd to boost them up.
Arsenal, on the other hand, have been impressive post lockdown as they went on to win the FA Cup for a record 14th time apart from other good results in the league. Mikel Arteta has brought in his ideologies and the club seems to be on the right path under his leadership.
The North Londoners have also made some decent acquisitions in the transfer market and are on the verge of a couple of more.
They seem to be better equipped to challenge for one of the Champions League spots as they don’t look like a league winning team for now.
🥊 Head to Head
The Gunners have won each of their last five Premier League games against Fulham, scoring nine goals in their two wins the last time the West Londoners were in the top division.
Indeed, Arsenal have lost just one of their last 13 Premier League matches against Fulham (W8 D4), going down 2-1 at Craven Cottage in January 2012.
🔢 Predicted XIs
Fulham XI: Rodak; Odoi, Ream, Hector, Bryan; Lemina, Reed, Cairney; Knockaert, Mitrovic, Cavaleiro.
Arsenal XI: Leno; Saliba, Holding, Tierney; Bellerin, Xhaka, Ceballos, Maitland-Niles; Saka, Nketiah, Aubameyang.
🔑 Key stats
- Fulham have lost each of their last five Premier League matches against Arsenal, conceding nine goals in their two defeats against the Gunners the last time they were in the top-flight in 2018-19 (1-5 home, 1-4 away).
- Arsenal have lost just one of their last 13 Premier League matches against Fulham (W8 D4), going down 2-1 at Craven Cottage in January 2012.
- Fulham have lost their last 10 top-flight London derbies, losing all 10 in the 2018/19 season.
- Arsenal haven’t lost any of their last 24 matches in the month of September in all competitions (W19 D5), since a 2-3 home defeat to Olympiakos in the Champions League in 2015.
- Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has been directly involved in 16 goals in 13 Premier League appearances against newly-promoted opponents (12 goals, 4 assists), scoring three goals and assisting one in two games against Fulham in 2018-19.
- Arsenal have scored at least two goals in their last four matches against Fulham in all competitions.
- FA Cup and Community Shield winners Arsenal have shown an ability to raise their game, winning each of the last five competitive games.
- Since making his Fulham debut in February 2018, only Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (54), Mo Salah (54), and Jamie Vardy (50) have scored more league goals in England’s top four tiers than Aleksandar Mitrovic (49), with 11 of those coming in the Premier League in 2018-19.
✅ Futaa tip
🌕 Futaa Moonshot
📲 Follow Fulham vs Arsenal live on Futaa!