The Premier League is back and away-day specialists Southampton will be happy to be on the road again as they visit Selhurst Park.
Here are the best facts and stats so that you can make the best and most well-informed picks.
🏟 Match context
Roy Hodgson's Eagles endured a seven-match losing run post-lockdown, finished 14th and only claiming one point from their final eight matches.
Southampton has won on their last three visits to Crystal Palace in the league and with such an impressive away record over the last season will be confident of extending this run. Only Liverpool and Manchester City won more matches on the road than the Saints, with Danny Ings producing the best season of his career, scoring 22 league goals and earning a recall to the England setup.
🔮 Predicted XIs
🔵 Palace (4-4-2):
Guaita; Ward, Kelly, Dann, Mitchell; Zaha, Milivojevic, McArthur, Schlupp; Ayew, Batshuayi
⚫️ Southampton (4-4-2):
McCarthy; Walker-Peters, Stephens, Bednarek, Bertrand; Djenepo, Ward-Prowse, Romeu, Redmond; Ings, Adams
🔑 Key stats
- There have been under 2.5 goals scored in eight of Crystal Palace's last nine home games.
- Southampton has won their last three away Premier League visits to Crystal Palace without conceding a single goal; Saints have never won four consecutive away top-flight matches against an opponent.
- Crystal Palace has won just three of their 22 Premier League matches against Southampton (D6 L13), with this the first time they’ve met on an opening day.
- The home side hasn’t won any of the last six Premier League meetings between Crystal Palace and Southampton (D2 L4).
- n the six opening day Premier League matches when Crystal Palace have played at home, they are yet to win (D2 L4); their last top-flight win at home on the opening day came back in 1971-72, winning 2-0 against Newcastle United.
✅ Futaa tips
📲 Follow Palace vs Southampton live