The Toffees will hope that their new midfield acquisitions can gel quickly ahead of their Premier League opener away to Tottenham on Sunday.
Here are the best facts and stats so that you can make the best and most well-informed picks.
🏟 Match context
Spurs will be keen to start their season in a positive fashion and continue their good recent record on the opening day of Premier League seasons, losing just one of their last seven such fixtures (W5, D1, L1). Mourinho's men finished the season strongly to sneak into the top six, avoiding defeat in their last six top-flight matches and winning four consecutively at home.
The Toffees have added power and quality in midfield in the shape of Abdoulaye Doucouré, Allan and James Rodríguez from Real Madrid, but it remains to be seen how settled the new trio is ahead of kickoff.
🔮 Predicted XIs
⚪️ Spurs (4-2-3-1):
Lloris; Doherty, Alderweireld, Dier, Davies; Hojbjerg, Winks; Moura, Alli, Son; Kane
🔵 Everton (4-3-1-2):
Pickford; Coleman, Keane, Mina, Digne; Gomes, Allan, Doucouré; James Rodríguez; Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin
🔑 Key stats
- Harry Kane has scored a brace in four of his previous five top-flight matches vs Everton.
- Three of the last four head-to-heads between these sides have featured goals at both ends.
- Two of the last three EPL meetings between these sides have been drawn.
- Spurs are unbeaten in their last six Premier League matches against Everton in North London.
- Everton hasn’t lost any of their last eight Premier League season openers (W2, D6), with four of those six draws ending via a 2-2 scoreline.
✅ Futaa tips
📲 Follow Spurs vs Everton live