The Premier League is back with 17 goals and six games already under the belt.
The highlight of matchday 1 so far was undoubtedly Liverpool's topsy-turvy 4-3 win over new boys Leeds at Anfield.
With two matches scheduled for tonight, we've got enough time to quickly reflect on some of the most eye-catching pieces of trivia from the weekend's action via stats geniuses OPTA. Included were superb club debuts for South American duo James Rodríguez and Willian.
📊 OPTA roundup
- Jamie Vardy has scored in all five of his away Premier League appearances against West Brom – the only player in Premier League history to play in as many away matches against an opponent while scoring in each game is Ruud van Nistelrooy against Newcastle (also five).
- José Mourinho has been defeated on the opening matchday of a league campaign for the first time in his managerial career in what is his 19th such match, winning 11 and drawing seven of the previous 18 before today.
- James Rodríguez is the first Premier League debutant to create at least five chances since Alexis Sánchez for Arsenal in August 2014.
- Lucas Digne has assisted 12 Premier League goals since the start of 2018-19, with five of those for Dominic Calvert-Lewin; the only full-backs with more assists in that time are Trent Alexander-Arnold (25) and Andrew Robertson (24).
- All three promoted clubs have lost their opening match of a Premier League campaign for the first time since 2013-14, when Crystal Palace, Hull and Cardiff did so.
- Mohamed Salah's hat-trick on Saturday was the 40th scored by a Liverpool player in the Premier League, more than any other side in the competition.
- Mohamed Salah has scored 50 goals in 63 home games in the Premier League – only Alan Shearer (47 apps) reached 50 home goals in fewer appearances in the competition’s history.
- Willian is the first player to assist two goals on his Premier League debut for Arsenal since Ray Parlour in August 1992 against Liverpool.
Sheffield United take on Wolves tonight at Bramall Lane in the early kickoff, and then it's Brighton vs Chelsea at the Amex.
📲 Follow Sheffield United vs Wolves live