Molineux is the setting for Man City's first Premier League match of the 2020-21 season and they'll need to improve on their performances against Wolves last term to get anything out of the fixture.
Here are the best facts and stats so that you can make the best and most well-informed picks.
🏟 Match context
Nuno Espírito Santo's excellent Wolves team did the double over Man City last season and although the slate has been wiped clean, his side will draw great confidence from that fact ahead of kickoff on Monday.
Pep Guardiola's side registered a record of W4-D1-L7 against top-seven finishers in 2019-20, with five defeats from six away from the Etihad. City kept only two clean sheets in that 12-match sample, shipping twice or more on eight occasions as their title challenge fell away.
Four of Wolves’ six meetings with top-six finishers last term went over the 2.5 goals mark, with the same number also seeing both sides score. Considering City's inability to keep clean sheets away to top-seven sides, this should be an entertaining clash.
🔮 Predicted XIs
🐺 Wolves (3-5-2):
Patrício; Boly, Coady, Saïss; Traoré, Dendoncker, Moutinho, Marçal; Podence, Jiménez, Neto
🌃 Man City (4-3-3):
Ederson; Walker, García, Laporte, Aké; De Bruyne, Rodri, Gundogan; Mahrez, Jesus, Sterling
🔑 Key betting stats
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in nine of Man City's last 10 matches.
- Four of Wolves’ six meetings with top-six finishers last term went over 2.5 goals
- Man City has only won one of five meetings with Wolves, all within the last three years and all with the same coaches in charge.
- Wolves netted four goals in the 80th minute or later across the two meetings last season, while City was awarded six yellow cards and a red card in comparison to the two yellows Wolves picked up.
- Across two EPL seasons since promotion in 2018, Wolves have won 15 of the 16 home matches where they scored the first goal.
- Raúl Jiménez scored in Wolves’ opener and grabbed one goal and three assists across two PL H2Hs last season.
- One draw from 19 away matches for City last term was a joint-league low (W11, L7), with those games averaging 3.53 total goals per match.
- Man City has scored at least twice in each of their last five Premier League matches.
✅ Futaa tips
Place your bets on betPawa using our booking code 83BCA44 which will auto-fill your bet-slip.
📲 Follow Wolves vs Man City live