The Amex Stadium is the venue for Saturday's early kickoff as Premier League matchday 3 gets underway.
Here are all of the relevant betting stats & facts so that you can make well-informed picks.
🏟 Match context
Just 36% of Brighton's home games last season went over 2.5 goals but it's worth noting that four of their last five at home in 2019-20 went over that mark, and a 3-1 defeat on the opening day of 2020-21 again goes against that trend. The Seagulls netted a superb 3-0 win at Newcastle last time out and they'll be confident they can trouble a Man United side that looked short of fitness in a 3-1 defeat to Crystal Palace.
It's difficult to know what you're going to get from Man United after their lacklustre defeat to Crystal Palace on an opening day. However, with their bristling attack, they should be able to penetrate a Brighton midfield minus its major enforcer, Yves Bissouma.
🔮 Predicted XIs
🐦 Brighton (3-4-1-2):
Ryan; White, Dunk, Webster; Lamptey, Lallana, Alzate, March; Trossard; Maupay, Connolly
😈 Man United (4-3-3):
De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw; McTominay, Pogba; Greenwood, Fernandes, Rashford; Martial
🔑 Key betting stats
- There have been under 2.5 goals scored in nine of Man Utd's last 11 away games.
- However, three of the last four Premier League meetings between these sides have featured goals at both ends.
- Brighton has won three of their last four home league games against Manchester United, though they did lose this exact fixture 0-3 last season.
- Manchester United hasn't won their first away league game in either of the last two seasons (D1 L1), including a 2-3 loss at Brighton in 2018-19.
- Neal Maupay was involved in all three of Brighton’s goals in their 3-0 win against Newcastle last weekend (two goals, one assist); the Frenchman hadn’t scored or assisted more than one goal in a game in any of his previous 38 appearances in the competition.
- Brighton is the only English top-flight club against which Man United’s Bruno Fernandes has scored more than once.
- Portugal star Fernandes bagged his side’s opener in five of his seven goalscoring league games last term.
- Neal Maupay netted twice before the tenth minute against Newcastle, and Brighton has never lost a Premier League match in which he has scored (W6, D5).
- Brighton midfielder Yves Bissouma is suspended after his dismissal against Newcastle.
✅ Futaa tip
📲 Follow Brighton vs Man United live