Thomas Partey's move to Arsenal on deadline day and Victor Osimhen's transfer to Napoli were the biggest deals involving African players during the recently closed summer window.
Osimhen was a surprise target by the Italian side, and they moved to tie the deal early on, paying a huge sum of cash for his services.
Partey on the other hand, ditched LaLiga for the Premier League after Arsenal activated his Atletico Madrid release clause with onlly a few hours to go.
Apart from the two, Moroccan international Hakim Ziyech traded the Eredivisie for the Premier League, even though his deal was done in February, just after the January transfer window.
The trio joined other African stars who made moves in big-money deals in recent history. But, where do they rank among the most expensive transfers?
Africa's all-time most expensive transfers
- 🇲🇦 Hakim Ziyech - £36.6 million to Chelsea
- 🇪🇬 Mohamed Salah - £36.9 million to Liverpool
- 🇸🇳 Sadio Mane - £37 million to Liverpool
- 🇬🇭 Thomas Partey - £45 million to Arsena
- 🇬🇼 Naby Keita - £52.75 million to Liverpool
- 🇬🇦 Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - £56 million to Arsenal
- 🇩🇿 Riyad Mahrez - £60 million to Manchester City
- 🇨🇩 Cedric Bakambu - £65 million to Beijing Guoan
- 🇨🇮 Nicolas Pepe - £72 million to Arsenal
- 🇳🇬 Victor Osimhen - £72.5 million to Napoli