Ten years to the day since they last won against Liverpool, Everton hosts Jürgen Klopp's Reds in the 288th edition of the Merseyside Derby.
The Blues' red-hot form gives Toffees supporters reasons to dream of a famous triumph against the old enemy.
Here's all of the key info ahead of kickoff at Goodison Park on Saturday lunchtime in the UK.
🏟 Match context
Carlo Ancelotti's Toffees have made a flawless start to the Premier League season with four wins from four. What makes this Merseyside Derby an even more enticing prospect is the fact that champions Liverpool will still be licking their wounds after a shock 7-2 thumping by Aston Villa. Amazingly, the last three Premier League meetings between these rivals at Goodison Park have all ended 0-0. However, with Everton's last three top-flight matches producing a total of 16 goals and Liverpool shipping 11 so far, that low-scoring trend might be about to end in abrupt fashion.
In terms of the bigger picture, Liverpool looks likely to welcome new midfield man Thiago Alcântara into their starting XI for the very first time since his £27m move from Bayern Munich. They'll need his stability and control in a midfield area where they gave the ball away countless times at Villa Park. It was the first time they have conceded seven goals in any game since April 1963 and it's no exaggeration to say that they could have conceded more. Only West Brom have conceded more goals than Liverpool so far this season while Everton is the joint-most prolific team in the country.
Look out for new Everton man Ben Godfrey, who could start in the heart of defence after a £25m move from Norwich.
🔮 Predicted XIs
🔵 Everton (4-3-3):
Pickford; Coleman, Keane, Godfrey, Digne; Allan, Doucouré, Gomes; James Rodríguez, Calvert-Lewin, Richarlison
⚪️ Liverpool (4-3-3):
Adrian; Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, van Dijk, Robertson; Henderson, Thiago, Fabinho; Salah, Firmino, Mané
🔑 Key betting facts
- Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin is the first player to score hat-tricks in consecutive home games under Carlo Ancelotti since Cristiano Ronaldo in 2014.
- Calvert-Lewin has ten goals across eight matches for club and country this season.
- Since joining Everton in December, Carlo Ancelotti has lost just one home Premier League game (W6, D5, L1).
- Nine of the last ten EPL matches at Goodison Park have seen both teams score.
- Everton has drawn seven of their last eight matches against Liverpool at home across all comps.
- Liverpool’s last 12 Premier League matches have averaged 4.42 total goals.
- Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah has now scored two or more goals in his three last goal-scoring outings.
- November 2013 (3-3) remains the last time Everton led at any point in a game vs Liverpool, and April 2012 (2-1 loss) is the last time they scored first in this fixture.
- None of Liverpool's last six EPL visits to Goodison has featured over 2.5 goals, and four of those finished 0-0.
🪐 Futaa tips
📲 Follow Everton vs Liverpool live