Leeds United will be looking to continue their encouraging start to the 2020-21 Premier League season when they welcome Wolverhampton Wanderers to Elland Road on Monday night.
🗣 Our Best Bet: Over 2.5 match goals
Here's all you need to know ahead of Monday night's match.
🧩 Leeds United vs Wolves key details
- 🗓 19th October 2020
- 🏟 Elland Road
- ⌚️ 22:00 kickoff (EAT)
📝 Leeds United vs Wolves match preview
Leeds United come into this game on the back of a 1-1 draw against Manchester City two weeks ago.
England international Raheem Sterling scored for Manchester City in the first half, only for Leeds United's marquee signing, attacker Rodrigo Moreno, to equalize in the second half.
Wolverhampton Wanderers, on the other hand, beat Fulham 1-0 just before the international break. A goal from young Portuguese winger Pedro Neto was enough to secure three points for Nuno Espirito Santo's men, with Fulham now sitting at the bottom of the league table.
Leeds United vs Wolves: Head-to-head (h2h)
In 12 previous encounters between the two sides, Wolverhampton Wanderers hold a clear advantage. They have won seven games, lost four and drawn one.
📊 Key betting stats
- Leeds have lost three of their last four home league games against Wolves (W1) – more than they had in their previous 23 against them at Elland Road (W17 D4 L2).
- Wolves have won their last three league meetings with Leeds – they last won four in a row against them between February 1958-April 1960 (a run of five).
- This is just the second Premier League campaign in which Leeds and Wolves are facing off, after both being relegated in 2003-04. The home side won both meetings that season (Wolves 3-1, Leeds 4-1).
- After losing their first game at Liverpool on their return to the Premier League, Leeds are now without defeat in their last three (W2 D1), remaining unbeaten at Elland Road so far this season (W1 D1).
- Wolves have won just two of their nine Premier League games played on a Monday (D2 L5), beating Crystal Palace 2-0 in July and Sheffield United 2-0 in September of this year.
- Wolves have lost three of their last five away Premier League games (W1 D1), as many as they had in their previous 16 on the road in the competition (W7 D6 L3).
- Wolves have lost just one of their last 10 Premier League games against promoted sides (W7 D2), with that defeat coming in Yorkshire at Sheffield United last season (0-1).
- No defender has made more tackles (19) or completed more dribbles (11) than Leeds’ Luke Ayling in the Premier League this season.
- Leeds’ Patrick Bamford has had a hand in four goals in his four league starts against Wolves (3 goals, 1 assist), last facing them with Middlesbrough in March 2018 (scored in a 1-2 defeat).
🧮 Likely starting XIs
Leeds United possible starting lineup:
Meslier; Ayling, Cooper, Koch, Dallas; Costa, Rodrigo, Phillips, Klich, Harrison; Bamford
Wolverhampton Wanderers possible starting lineup:
Patricio; Boly, Coady, Kilman; Semedo, Dendoncker, Neves, Marcal; Traore, Jimenez, Podence
📲 Follow Leeds United vs Wolves live on Futaa!