It's good to have Leeds back in the Premier League with Marcelo Bielsa sticking to his counter-attacking principles with the Premier League new boys.
We've got a quick preview of the Monday night action as well as all of the relevant betting facts & figures so that you can make well-informed picks. It should be an absorbing affair at Elland Road.
🗞 Match Preview
Both teams should go into this contest in high spirits after superb results last time out. Leeds ended Aston Villa's 100% start to the Premier League campaign with a 3-0 win at Villa Park thanks to a Patrick Bamford hat-trick and Leicester hit Arsenal with a sucker punch to win 1-0 at the Emirates. The Foxes averaged 48% possession in their thrilling 5-2 win away to Man City and that figured dropped to under 30% against Arsenal. There's no reason to believe they'll change it up at Leeds, who kept their first top-flight clean sheet of the season against Villa, despite the absence of key midfield lynchpin Kalvin Phillips, who misses out again tonight.
The Whites’ tally of 12 scored goals is the most by any promoted side after six matches since 1992-93. With Leeds and Leicester employing similar styles, it's difficult to see how they will be separated at Elland Road.
🔮 Leeds vs Leicester: Predicted XIs
⚪️ Leeds (4-4-1-1):
Meslier; Dallas, Koch, Ayling, Alioski; Costa, Shackleton, Klich, Harrison; Rodrigo; Bamford
🦊 Leicester (3-4-2-1):
Schmeichel; Fofana, Evans, Fuchs; Albrighton, Tielemans, Mendy, Justin; Maddison, Praet; Vardy
🔑 Key facts & figures
- Leicester has been consistently unpredictable, winning their last two EPL matches entered as underdogs while losing the two entered as favourites.
- Away from home, The Foxes have won all four competitive matches this season while scoring 72.73% of their goals in the second half.
- Patrick Bamford's tally of six goals after six EPL rounds is only matched by the great Eric Cantona in Leeds’ history.
- Jamie Vardy has scored seven goals across his side’s first four away matches this season, with five coming from the penalty spot.
- Leeds have recorded 50% or more possession in all six PL matches played so far (57.67% average).
- An under 2.5 goals bet has paid out in three of Leeds' past four league games, and in Leicester's last two.
- Leeds United is yet to keep a clean sheet so far at Elland Road, but they are averaging two goals per EPL game overall, while Leicester has scored in all four of their competitive away games this term.
🪐 Futaa bets
🪐 Follow Leeds vs Leicester live