Mikel Arteta’s Arsenal side will be looking to take a step closer towards qualifying for the knockout stages of the 2020/21 UEFA Europa League when they face off against Molde at the Emirates Stadium today.
Here's our match preview:
🗞 Match Preview
Arsenal are currently sitting atop Group B in the Europa League with six points from two matches, having beaten Rapid Wien 2-1 in their opener, before defeating Dundalk 3-0 last week. This result was followed by a 1-0 win against bitter rivals Manchester United in the Premier League – their first win at Old Trafford since 2016, post which the morale will be sky-high.
Molde, too, have collected six points from their two matches in Europe having beaten Dundalk 2-1 and Rapid Wien 1-0 and are behind Arsenal in the standings due to a poorer goal difference. Currently second in the Eliteserien, Erling Moe’s men head into Thursday’s clash on the back of a 3-1 win against Mjondalen making it six victories in a row in all competitions.
This will be the first-ever meeting between the two teams in any competition.
🔮 Arsenal vs Molde: Predicted XIs
Arsenal (3-4-3): Runarsson; Mustafi, Luiz, Kolasinac; Cedric, Ceballos, Xhaka, Maitland-Niles; Pepe, Nketiah, Nelson
Molde (4-3-3): Linde; Wingo, Bjornbak, Gregersen, Haugen; Eikrem, Aursnes, Ellingsen; Hestad, Omoijuanfo, Brynhildsen
🔑 Key facts & figures
- This will be the first time ever that Arsenal will be facing off against Molde. The North London giants have won three of their four previous meetings against Norwegian opponents (D1).
- The Gunners’ last encounter against a Norwegian outfit came in the UEFA Champions League in December 2004, when they beat Rosenborg 5-1.
- On the other hand, this will be Molde’s first-ever meeting against an English opponent. Norwegian sides have never beaten a club from England away from home in 22 attempts till date (D2 L20).
- Since the start of the 2018/19 UEFA Europa League campaign, Arsenal skipper Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has scored 12 goals. Only Munas Dabbur (13) has bettered his tally during this period.
- Molde have won four of their last six away matches in the UEFA Europa League (D1 L1).
🪐 Futaa bets
🪐 Follow Arsenal vs Molde live on Futaa!