Meetings between these two French giants have been goal-filled affairs in recent years and we've got a reason to bet on that trend continuing.
Here are all of the relevant betting facts & figures so that you can make well-informed picks.
🗞 Match preview
With an average of 5.4 goals per game across the last five Ligue 1 head-to-heads, this matchup between Monaco and PSG promises goals.
💼 Monaco are a mixed bag
Before the international break, Niko Kovac's men picked up two consecutive wins that followed a 4-1 hammering away to Lyon and a disappointing 1-1 draw with tren-man Montpellier at home. Still, that upturn will be cause for optimism. A win for the Principality team would temporarily lift them from 6th to 2nd although league positions at this early stage aren't telling, they'll be eager to avoid a repeat of the 1-4 scoreline in last season's corresponding fixture in January.
Monaco will be without first-choice goalkeeper Benjamin Lecomte and ex-Arsenal man Vito Mannone will continue to deputise between the sticks. Playmaker Aleksandr Golovin is out which means more of the creative burden will fall on Spanish veteran Cesc Fàbregas. Most concerning for Kovac will be the absence of top-scorer Wissam Ben Yedder, the Frenchman already has six league strikes to his name.
PSG has injury issues of their own with Juan Bernat, Mauro Icardi, Julian Draxler, Pablo Sarabia & Marco Verratti all ruled out. There's an outside chance that Neymar could make his return from an abductor injury after returning early from international duty.
🎯 Goals guaranteed
The last three top-flight meetings between these sides have produced 15 goals in total and both sides have scored in all of those matches. With Monaco having started the domestic campaign in promising fashion at home, this is undoubtedly one of the early-season highlights in Ligue 1 2020/21.
🔑 Key betting stats
- Monaco is winless in their last 12 meetings with PSG across all competitions.
- However, they're unbeaten in their opening five top-flight home fixtures (W3, D2), representing their best home start to a new league campaign since 2017-18.
- PSG have scored at least three goals in their last seven matches against Monaco in all competitions.
- 61.54% of PSG's goals in Ligue 1 this season have arrived after the halftime break.
- The last 11 meetings between these sides in all competitions have featured over 2.5 goals.
- Monaco's Axel Disasi scored the opener last time out and has been their first goalscorer in each of his two goalscoring Ligue 1 games.
- PSG has averaged 3.25 goals per game across their eight Ligue 1 wins this term.
🪐 Futaa Bets
🔮 Score prediction: Monaco 1-2 PSG
📲 Follow Monaco vs PSG live