The LaLiga champions Real Madrid are set to play Villarreal at Estadio de la Ceramica, as league football returns in Spain.
Here is our preview.
🗞 Match preview
Unai Emery seems to be doing something right at Villarreal, as they are currently averaging 2.6 points per game on home soil.
They put in a really impressive showing last time out, winning 3-1 away to Getafe to claim 2nd spot heading into the international break.
Things have not been going well for the Los Blancos, however, and their recent 4-1 defeat to Valencia last time out might have put more pressure on Zinedine Zidane. It was also something of a freak match with Valencia winning and converting three penalties.
Los Blancos had been pretty strong on the road prior to that season, taking 10 points from their first 4 away league games including a Clasico victory at Camp Nou. They should at least be able to welcome Casemiro back into the fold this weekend which invariably makes a big difference and it’s unlikely either Marcelo or Isco, both of whom were heavily criticized in Valencia, will keep their places.
🥊 Villarreal vs Real Madrid Team News
Here is how we think the teams might lineup:
Predicted Villarreal Starting Lineup:
Asenjo – Pedraza, Albiol, Torres, Mario – Trigueros, Iborra, Parejo – Gomez, Alcacer, Moreno (4-3-3)
Predicted Real Madrid Starting Lineup:
Courtois – Mendy, Varane, Nacho, Carvajal – Modric, Casemiro, Kroos – Vinicius, Benzema, Asensio (4-3-3)
🔑 Key betting stats
- Villarreal have won only one of their last 10 home games against Real Madrid in La Liga (D5 L4), 1-0 in December 2015, drawing each of the last three at Estadio de la Ceramica.
- Real Madrid have drawn each of their last three games away at Villarreal, but they did win their most recent fixture at Estadio de la Ceramica (2-0 vs Levante). The Merengues could win two away games at the same venue in a single La Liga season for the first time in the 21st century.
- After winning at the Alfredo Di Stefano Stadium in July (2-1), Real Madrid have the chance to win two successive La Liga matches versus Villarreal for the first time since September 2014 (two).
- Villarreal have not been beaten in any of their last six fixtures in La Liga (W4 D2), keeping a clean sheet in three of them. The last time they avoided defeat in more consecutive games in the competition was in October 2016 (P9 W5 D4 on that occasion).
- Real Madrid have lost two of their last four La Liga games (W2), as many defeats as in their previous 33 games in the competition (W24 D7 L2).
🪐 Futaa Bets
🔮 Score prediction: Villarreal 2-1 Real Madrid
📲 Follow Villarreal vs Real Madrid live Futaa!