Luis Suarez won't get to face his former side for the first time since leaving the club, but can they get a result with Lionel Messi and Anto Griezmann?
Here is our preview!
🗞 Match preview
On current form, they are very capable of getting it, but Diego Simeone’s failure to ever win a league match against Barcelona is hard to ignore, particularly with Atleti’s buildup to this game having been hampered by injuries and positive COVID tests (Luis Suarez). A breakout in the Uruguayan international camp means Lucas Torreira and Luis Suarez are both unavailable but Los Rojiblancos will be able to count on the services of a red hot Joao Felix.
Barcelona will need to be at their best defensively to nullify his threat and it’s probably fair to say they haven’t been of late. They’ve not kept a clean sheet in any of their last 5 league outings but did end a four-game winless streak with a convincing 5-2 win over Real Betis last time out.
With top scorer Ansu Fati suffering a serious injury, there is now all the more pressure on Leo Messi and Antoine Griezmann to finally hit it off and the chances of that happening won’t have been helped by fresh media reports this week about what hasn’t been the easiest of relationships.
Barca are in eighth place with 11 points, while Atleti are in seventh place with 17 points, with Diego Simeone's side still undefeated in the competition, and Atleti can potentially finish the weekend in first place with a victory.
🥊 Atleti vs Barcelona Team News
Here is how we think the teams might lineup:
Predicted Atleti Starting Lineup:
Oblak – Hermoso, Gimenez, Savic, Trippier – Carrasco, Saul, Koke, Llorente – Felix, Correa (4-4-2)
Predicted Barcelona Starting Lineup:
Ter Stegen – Alba, Lenglet, Pique, Roberto – De Jong, Pjanic – Pedri, Griezmann, Dembele – Messi (4-2-3-1)
🔑 Key betting stats
- Atlético Madrid are undefeated in their last 23 LaLiga games, their longest unbeaten run in the competition and the longest current such streak in Europe’s top five leagues.
- Atletico Madrid are among six of the only unbeaten teams this season in the top five leagues.
- Barcelona have only won one of their last five LaLiga games, which came in their most recent fixture against Real Betis (D2 L2).
- In 17 appearances, Lionel Messi has scored 12 goals against Atlético.
- Diego Simeone has failed to beat Barça in 17 LaLiga games, losing 11 times and drawing six.
🪐 Futaa Bets
🔮 Score prediction: Atleti 1-1 Barcelona
📲 Follow Atleti vs Barcelona live Futaa!