German international Antonio Rudiger has slammed reports that suggested that he was among the players who were behind the sacking of Frank Lampard.
There had been reports that Rudiger had talked with the Chelsea board about the sacking of the club legend a report that the German described as ‘nonsense’.
In an interview with The Athletic, Rudiger said: “There have been so many nonsense rumours about me since last week. I’ve never talked with the board about the situation of the coach or on any other topics.
“Frank Lampard trusted in my abilities after Christmas in a very difficult situation and I was thankful for this. It was also the main reason why I told my representatives not to look for a possible winter move anymore.
"Unfortunately, it was not meant to be for our team to turn things around for the coach. We always wanted the best for the manager and for the club. He took over the manager position last season when things were very complicated for all of us. But we managed to qualify for the Champions League together with him.
“He has given so many young players a chance in the first team and they are still doing an amazing job. I’m pretty sure we will see Frank Lampard back again at another club very soon.”
Lampard was dismissed by Roman Abramovich last week after overseeing a run of just two wins in eight Premier League games with his place taken by German Thomas Tuchel whose first real test will be against Tottenham Hotspur on Thursday.