The collective European might of Manchester United and AC Milan is built for glitzy nights on the grandest stages.
Although both sides have genuine ambitions to be participating at the top table next season by qualifying for the Champions League, a last 16 collision in the Europa League still carries a lot of weight.
🧠 Man United vs AC Milan: Fast Facts
- The first leg will be the 11th meeting between Man United and AC Milan in European competition, with all 10 previous meetings coming in the European Cup/Champions League.
- Man United has been eliminated from four of their five UEFA European knockout ties against Milan - no side has eliminated the Red Devils more often (also Real Madrid, 4).
- Bruno Fernandes has been on the score sheet in seven of his last 13 matches across all competitions; The Portuguese playmaker has 23 goals & 12 assists overall in 41 appearances for United this term.
- Franck Kessié has scored from the spot in three of Milan’s last four games.
- Milan has scored exactly two goals in four of their last five away matches in all competitions.
- United is unbeaten in 15 consecutive Europa League matches at Old Trafford, winning 12 of those.
- Milan scraped past Red Star Belgrade on away goals in the last round (3-3), and have now won just one of their last 12 European knockout away games (W1, D4, L7).
- Milan's away record vs English opposition in UEFA competition isn't good (W1, D6, L10) but that solitary victory did happen to come at Old Trafford in 2005.
- Milan has won 11 of their 13 matches on the road this season, losing just once, and they boast the best away record in the top five European Leagues, averaging 2.61 points per game on their travels in Serie A.
What's in store when two giants of yesteryear meet for the twelfth time in European competition?
📲 Follow Man United vs AC Milan live