May is traditionally the business end of any domestic football season, and even in the unprecedented circumstances of 2021, this season is no exception.
There are major trophies to be handed out in all five top European leagues, Champions League qualification still needs to be resolved and of course FA Cup, UEL and UCL finals to be staged.
Keep this guide handy so that you don't miss a beat.
🏴 EPL top-four race
- 🦁 02 May - Man United vs Liverpool
- 🦁 08 May - Man City vs Chelsea
- 🦁 09 May - West Ham vs Everton
- 🦁 11 May - Man United vs Leicester
- 🦁 12 May - Chelsea vs Arsenal
- 🦁 23 May - Leicester vs Spurs
🇫🇷 Ligue 1 title race
There's a genuine fight for the title in France with two points separating the top three sides with four matches to play. Lille currently leads the way by a point, meaning that defending champions PSG find themselves in an unusual position.
🇮🇹 Serie A top-four race
🇪🇸 LaLiga title race
- 🥘 08 May - Barça vs Atlético Madrid
- 🥘 09 May - Real Madrid vs Sevilla
- 🥘 12 May - Atlético Madrid vs Sociedad
- 🥘 16 May - Bilbao vs Real Madrid; Villarreal vs Sevilla
- 🥘 23 May - Real Madrid vs Villarreal
🏆 FA Cup final
- 🏟 15 May - Chelsea vs Leicester
🇪🇺 UEFA Europa League
- 🏟 06 May - Roma vs Man United, Arsenal vs Villarreal
- 🏟 26 May - Europa League Final
🏆 UEFA Champions League
There's barely time to catch one's breath in the manic month of May and there's hardly any reason to do so either.