Inter Milan striker Romelu Lukaku has confirmed that he won’t be leaving the club in the summer.
The Belgian had been linked with a move from San Siro after the departure of manager Antonio Conte with his firmer side Chelsea and Man City said to have been the clubs interested in his services.
Speaking to the Belgium media, Lukaku said: “Yes, I am staying. I’ve already had contact with our new manager. Maybe I shouldn’t say that yet… but it was a very positive conversation.
“There’s also the challenge of doing it again (winning the league with Inter). I feel good at Inter.”
In the just-concluded season, Lukaku who bagged the Serie A Most Valuable Player award scored 30 goals and recorded 10 assists in 44 appearances across all competitions for the side.
Romelu Lukaku on his future in #DEVILTIME (VTM):— Kristof Terreur (@HLNinEngeland) June 2, 2021
“Yes, I am staying. I've already had contact with the man who normally becomes our new manager. Maybe I shouldn't say that yet... but it was a very positive conversation.” https://t.co/nUlarpoEed#CFC