The eternal city of Rome plays hosts to Euro 2020's opening match between Turkey and Italy.
The world will be watching, so here's all the info you need to make some well-informed picks with betPawa.
Turkey and Italy lock horns in a repeat of their first fixture at Euro 2000. The Turks have lost only lost one of their last 13 matches and many pundits have tipped them as dangerous dark horses this summer. Included in that impressive sequence have been a draw with Germany and wins over the Netherlands and world champions France.
Evergreen Lille striker Burak Yılmaz is in the form of his life and, at 35 years old, he's the spearhead of Turkey's attack. Confidence will still be coursing through his veins after his recent Ligue 1 triumph, too, and he'll be eager to add to his all-time record of 29 goals in a Turkey jersey.
As for the Italians, their form is even more formidable, with the Azzurri unbeaten in a staggering 27 matches and if they extend that to 30, they'll equal a national record that has stood since 1939.
🔮 Likely XIs
🇹🇷 Turkey (451):
Çakir; Çelik, Demiral, Söyüncü, Meraş; Yazıcı, Tufan, Yokuşlu, Çalhanoğlu, Karaman; Yılmaz
🇮🇹 Italy (433):
Donnarumma; Florenzi, Bonucci, Chiellini, Spinazzola; Locatelli, Jorginho, Barella; Berardi, Immobile, Insigne
🔑 Key betting stats
- The Turks have scored at least three goals in their last three matches vs teams ranked inside FIFA’s top 20 (W1, D2).
- Burak Yılmaz scored Turkey's first strike of Euro 2016, and their opener last time out.
- Ciro Immobile has scored in his last three Italy starts, and in four of his last six matches at the Stadio Olimpico.
- Turkey has never beaten Italy in ten attempts (D3, L7).
- Italy is unbeaten in 27 matches (W22, D5), last tasting defeat in 2018.
- Italy has an 80% win rate when playing in Rome at a tournament finals (W8, D2).
💶 Our pick: Italy to win & over 2.5 goals