Twenty-five years after England's last European Championship semifinal, one which they lost to Germany on penalties at Wembley, the Three Lions are back at the "home of football."
Gareth Southgate's charges are up against surprise package Denmark, who will need to be at their best to do something no other side has done at the Euros this year --- put the ball in the back of England's net.
🔑 England vs Denmark: Key stats
- You have to go back to World Cup 2002 to find the last meeting between these two sides at a major tournament, England winning 3-0 thanks to goals from Rio Ferdinand, Michael Owen and Emile Heskey.
- However, it was the Danes who prevailed in the last competitive match when they beat the Three Lions 1-0 at Wembley, in a UEFA Nations League clash just 10 months ago.
- England skipper Harry Kane is now one goal behind Gary Lineker's mark of 10 strikes at major tournaments for England.
- OGC Nice striker Kasper Dolberg has three Euro 2020 goals for Denmark, all of which were scored during the knockout stage between the 25th and 50th minutes of play.
- Denmark hasn't been trailing at the halftime break in any of its last 17 matches.
🔮 Likely XIs
🏴 England (4-2-3-1):
Pickford; Walker, Stones, Maguire, Shaw; Rice, Phillips; Saka, Mount, Sterling; Kane
🇩🇰 Denmark (3-4-2-1):
Schmeichel; Christensen,Kjær, Vestergaard; Stryger Larsen, Delaney, Højbjerg, Mæhle; Damsgaard, Braithwaite; Dolberg
💶 Best bet: Under 2.5 goals
📲 Follow England vs Denmark live